THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 3, 2008

first freak-out mom moment

So the other day I put Parker down for a nap up at the cabin that I help my mom clean. I put him on the bed and put pillows around the sides so that he could not roll off the bed. I laid him down and left the room. I have been trying to make him go to sleep on his own and he does but it takes about ten min. or so of crying. So I put him down tucked him in and went out and closed the door. He just cried and cried and cried but I was not going in I was making a point. Well it had been about 15min and he was still crying. My mom had just had surgery so she wanted to finish next week and told me since Parker was still up to just go get him and we will go home. I went into the bedroom and he was not on the bed. I looked under the covers and could not see him. I could hear him crying so I knew he was still in the room. That is when I saw him. He must have turn and rolled to the top of the bed and there was a big enough gap between the mattress and the headboard that he fell feet first down the bed and was wedge in between both hanging there. It scared the crap out of me and even now as I am writing this I get all worked up. But I didn't know what to do. I tried pulling his arms but he was stuck and he had a different cry it was a scared cry and I couldn't get him out. I started crying and yelling for my mom. She came running up the stairs, I can only imagine what she was thinking from the way I was yelling. She told me to help her move the mattress. Now you have to know that this mattress is 1000lbs. I am not kidding. Plus with my moms surgery she isn't supposed to move more that 10lbs. So we are pulling the mattress with all our might and we finally got it to move enough that I could get under his arms and free his head. I lost it the min. I got him in my arms. I started sobbing. This made Parker cry harder but other than him being a little scared he was fine. He had a big red mark on his face from the top of his head to his ear from the headboard but it went away after a day. It so scared the crap out of me. I didn't know I could be that scared. When he wasn't on that bed my heart stopped then when I found him and saw him hanging there it stopped again. I know that this will not be the last time he scares me but for the first one it was horrible. I am so grateful that he did not get hurt and it wasn't anything more than it was and I know that it could have gone wrong in so many ways.

2 comments:

Lynette Callister said...

That is the saddest story ever, thanks for the cry.
Don't worry, those kind of things happen to the best of us. I think all my kids have fallen off or between or in something at some time. He'll never remember.

Kim P said...

Yikes! I am so glad he (and you) were okay! And like Lynette said, it does happen to all of us!
And he will not remember it, even though you will be haunted by the thought!