THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I went to a nativity the other night with my mom. A stake in Draper puts it on and it is amazing. It is out side for most of it so it was cold but fun. They have built amazing scenery. It took about an hour and a half to get through the entire thing but so worth it.





It starts with a man writing the story of the birth of our savior. The story is being read out of the bible so you can hear it. Then as you walk along you see the Shepherds in their fields with their sheep they have real sheep that the kids can pet. Then as you walk some more you come along to the wise men and their camel. The camel was a big hit all of the kids had to stop and pet it. Then you go a bit farther and you are to Bethlehem and a man is there to collect taxes and a roman soldier is there to let you into the city. This is when it gets so cool. They have built this city in a storage shed that is behind the stake center. It was so cool. You walk along the city street passing people selling things, people getting water and the well, a man with a donkey. Then you come to the inn and the innkeeper says there is no room you must move on. Then you round the corner and sitting in the hay is a baby. A real baby!! I was amazed that this little baby just sat and played with his toes. But it was such a cool experience. As I stood and looked at this sweet baby I thought about having Parker and how hard it must have been for Mary to have the savior in a barn, and how that baby came to save the world. I just felt so at peace and it made the Christmas spirit so strong for me.



I told Devin that going to this is going to be our new family tradition at Christmas time. If you want to remember the birth of our savior this was such a great way to see it

3 comments:

7 Baldwin's said...

Awww- sounds like an awesome night! You'll have to let us know when it is next year and we'll join you in your holiday tradition! :)

Millie Killpack said...

Is it still going on? I'll have to call and get some details.

Hannah Jones said...

I'm so glad you got to go! When Z was 4 weeks old, my little family got to act out Mary, Joseph and Jesus in that live nativity you just talked about! That was my stake! It truly is breathtaking, isn't it?! Awesome!!