I was talking to a good friend the other day and she told me to use blog to write down my life like a journal, so I thought that I would write somethings that have happened in the past that I don't want to forget.
I remember a few years ago Devin talked me into going fishing in the Uinta's with him, his brother Joel, his wife Gretchen, and their daughter. Well it took forever to get there but we made it. Devin and I had bought a rubber two man raft so Dev thought that this would be a great day to try it out.
We had been fishing all day but the wind was blowing and it was hard to keep the boat from moving across the water. Devin got this great idea to tie a rock to a rope and then to the boat to use as an anchor It worked!! It was a great idea. So the day went on and Devin and his brother were not having any luck. They saw a lake across the street and thought that it would be a great place to try. They got out of the water and put the rock into the bottom of the boat and walked across the street.
They set sail. The boat was going so gracefully across the water. They made it to the middle of the lake and started to fish. I was walking along the shore with my sister-in law when we heard the boys shouting at each other. Being the controlling wife that I am I yelled and told Dev that if they were going to fight we are leaving, but the yelling didn't stop. So I turned to look at them and for some reason I could only see the top of their heads out in the boat. I said to Gretchen "why are they laying down in the boat?" Then we hear Joel yelling at Devin to do the scissor kick towards shore. We see them frantically swimming while trying to hold all of their gear. As they are swimming I hear Joel yelling that Devin's fish hook hooked him then I see Dev's pole sink to the bottom of the lake.
The entire bottom of the boat had broken out. The large rock that they put on the boat broke the glue holding it to the boat. When they got to the shore all they had was a ring of the top of the boat, one fishing pole, and two wet, covered in mud and moss men. And did I forgot to say that I think it was in May so it was cold. Devin didn't have any clothes to change into so he drove all the way home in only his G-bottoms. It was so funny.
This was one of those days that we laugh about, and if you can ever get Devin to tell the story you will have tears rolling out of your eyes from laughing so hard.
.jpg)
4 comments:
Dev is quite the story teller but I was laughing just from your retelling... I just wish I would've been there to see it! That would have been almost as good as getting to see Dev drool over the giant lighter at Auto Zone... haha
Okay Ashley your blog is amazing. You need to show me how you did all of this.
I was laughing the whole time during this blog. I don't think Devin could have told the story any better then you just did!!
and why did I spell your name like that? Sorry I promise I know how to spell your name.
that story is freaking hilarious! Thanks for sharing it!!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment