THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 1, 2009

All went great

Well we made it through the surgery and all went great. Parker had his tonsils out, sinus scraped, and new tubes in his ears. The Dr. said that the ears looked good (this is awesome) because the last few times he has said that infection has come out of both ears and he has had to but medication into the ear and he couldn't believe how much infection there was. He said that the tonsils where enlarged and it was good that we removed them and I hope that with the nose stuff he wont be so stuffed up all the time.
Brad went with us this time and he took a picture on his phone of when they took Parker off in a wagon to surgery. The kid was so out of it. He had all three of us laughing so hard. He is so funny I wish I would have taken the video cam. He laughs and smiles so much when drugged.
He had a hard time with waking up I think he cried and could not be comforted for about 40 min. This was hard because he didn't do this the last couple times we were in. I do feel bad because Dev tries so hard to help and distract him but when he is like that nothing helps and I was trying to tell him that he needs to leave him alone and just let him get settled. I didn't mean it mean but I guess he took it that way. I think it makes him feel bad that Parker wants me when he is like that and not Dev. I keep telling him all kids are like that with their moms. I wish he would go to Devin sometimes when he was upset. But I did apologize and tell Devin I wasn't trying to tell him what to do it is just that I am around more when he is unreasonable and I just know how the kid works.
Well we got him home and he was fine. He doesn't want Popsicles (funny kid) so he did eat applesauce and yogurt then later that night we were having white rice with chicken and he wanted rice. He ate two bowls. I think he said once all day that his nose hurt and that was it. We kept having to tell him to come and sit down and watch a movie but he wanted to run around the house and jump off the coach. He did cry and was so out of reason from 4-5 that night but that is only because he did not take a nap the entire day. He was up the night before from 2-3:30 then we got up at 6:00am to go to the Dr. so other than while he was out for the surgery he did not sleep at all. And he lost it. For some reason he made up his mind that he was sick of diapers and that he no longer was wearing them. He want to sit on the potty so I said OK but he didn't want to sit on the potty he wanted to stand in front of the potty so I told him fine but then he said he needed to go #2 and I told him that we have to sit for that or put a diaper back on and he cried and said I sit on the potty so I said OK then he cried and said not sit on the potty. This went on for about 20 min. Then he was crying forever over something I couldn't understand after about 15 min. I got that he was saying he wanted cheerios in the potty. I guess Devin had put cheerios in and told him to pee on them to sink them so that is what he wanted to do. We of course did not have any cheerios so I got chex and that made him upset then he wanted to eat the chex and I told him he couldn't to day because the Dr. said it would hurt him and this made him cry. So after an hour of standing in the bathroom and arguing with a sleepy two year old I told him I was going down stair and when he turned around to cry at me he peed all over the floor. I finally wrestled him into a diaper and got shrek the movie on he stopped crying. It was the longest hour and 15min. of my time with the child. I wanted to run away. But the rest of the day was fine and he was in bed and asleep at 8:15pm that night and he slept until 3:00am but that is OK he needed medication anyway, he woke up because we have been making him drink like crazy because the Dr. said the best thing was to keep the throat wet. So we have been dumping liquids down him and he peed through his diaper and woke up because he was wet. I think he would have slept all night if that had not happened. I changed him gave him medication and he was sleep in ten min. It was not bad. Overall we thought the day went well and he did great. I am happy that it is over.

1 comments:

7 Baldwin's said...

I'm glad that other than the few bumps parker is doing so good. Brock has random bursts of energy for like 30 min and then he'll crash and be cranky for an hour... We've just been watching tons of TV and chilling. I hope Parker keeps up the happy boy attitude!